Pages

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Red Pear


Friday, before I found the photo of the three green pears, I picked up three red pears to paint (and then snack on, of course). Tonight pear number one and I had a short session where it sat very still and fearfully quiet while I maniacally pushed darks on this Aquaboard I've been playing around with. I don't know what I think about the painting right now, but am remembering that Diahn once showed me a recipe for an acrylic mix that looks like encaustic, and I'm thinking that a wash of that over it all might be veerrry interesting ...
All this crazy experimentation is an awful lot of fun.
Mwwaaaahhh-haaa-haaaa.
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

steviewren said...

I think the dark background really makes the red and gold in the pear pop out. It's a bold departure from your painting of the three green pears. I gravitate towards saturated color.

Teri said...

I agree, that dark background looks great with the pear. You are sure having fun with those pears and paint.

Lin said...

ABSOLUTELY LUMINOUS!!!! IT GLOWS AND GLOWS AND GLOWS!!! WOWOWO!

soulbrush said...

i agree we are having such fun this month, to me this pear looks good enough to eat...lol

Laura Frankstone said...

This is a Bergman pear, this is an apocalyptic pear, this is a Hitchcockian pear, this is a monumentally looming pear, dominating a dark, brooding, semi-diabolical background. This is not your mama's pear. This pear is not for poaching.

Unknown said...

By now I'm sure your pears have been swallowed up. It does look luminous against the background.

Unknown said...

Yeah - what Laura said.

I LOVE it.

Linda said...

Thank you all -- Laura, your comment gets printed out and taped to the back of the piece! TOO funny! :-D

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is b-u-t-ful. Very rich colors.

joanieART said...

Love the pear trio you did, in its cool colors. And then i stumbled upon THIS pear.....all warm and luscious, just sitting there contemplating its fate. LOVE IT!

annie said...

I like it, and now that you mention it, that pear does look a bit fearful. You'd better watch out or the SFPP* will be all over you!

*Society for the Protection of Pears

(I do love what Laura said!)