Pages

Monday, October 06, 2008

Pomegranate Study 3


So ... how long do pomegranates last before they go bad? And how do you know they've gone bad? This one is starting to look a little bit leathery. I think I'll pick up another one tomorrow.

We took today off and went up to Dollywood with D's family. A beautiful day, but not near as clear as this weekend when Diahn was up in the mountains. Still - blue skies and lots of bright colors in the park. I may have an idea or two for a painting....
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

steviewren said...

Your pomegranates are just lovely. I like the backgrounds as much as the fruit. Just enough color, but not too much.

Teri said...

Your composition is so striking. Love the colors.

soulbrush said...

it's one of the hardest fruits to paint, i am amazed at your work, pomegranates last for ages.

Unknown said...

OMG. I love this one, too! Dang, Linda - DANG.

So good - I don't know anything about pomegranates except that they are pretty and you can paint with their juice...ooooohhhhhh....there's an idea....

Lin said...

GORGEOUS, LINNIE!! I JUST LOVE THE PAINTERLINESS OF THIS!!!!

BARBARA WEEKS said...

WOW the pomegranates (versions 1 and 2) are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I like all these little studies. You have such a sure hand.

Lisa Adams Reed said...

Ohhh no...I feel even less competent! You are so talented and I thank you for sharing your studies!