Pages

Monday, October 06, 2008

Pomegranate Study 3


So ... how long do pomegranates last before they go bad? And how do you know they've gone bad? This one is starting to look a little bit leathery. I think I'll pick up another one tomorrow.

We took today off and went up to Dollywood with D's family. A beautiful day, but not near as clear as this weekend when Diahn was up in the mountains. Still - blue skies and lots of bright colors in the park. I may have an idea or two for a painting....
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

steviewren said...

Your pomegranates are just lovely. I like the backgrounds as much as the fruit. Just enough color, but not too much.

Teri C said...

Your composition is so striking. Love the colors.

soulbrush said...

it's one of the hardest fruits to paint, i am amazed at your work, pomegranates last for ages.

Diahn said...

OMG. I love this one, too! Dang, Linda - DANG.

So good - I don't know anything about pomegranates except that they are pretty and you can paint with their juice...ooooohhhhhh....there's an idea....

Lin said...

GORGEOUS, LINNIE!! I JUST LOVE THE PAINTERLINESS OF THIS!!!!

Barbara Weeks said...

WOW the pomegranates (versions 1 and 2) are beautiful!

janey said...

I like all these little studies. You have such a sure hand.

Lisa Reed said...

Ohhh no...I feel even less competent! You are so talented and I thank you for sharing your studies!