Pages

Friday, October 17, 2008

Court Cafe



This looks a little different in the scan than in real life. I used a couple of new colors which the scanner seems to really love, especially Holbein's Mineral Violet. In real life this is a bit more pink and cerulean rather than purple, but you get the general idea.

I love working with this new board, although it is a constant challenge. Working on it is a real balance of additive and subtractive processes, which can make parts of it look a bit, um, DONE, but it lets me really play. I didn't make a single pencil mark for this (or any of the other paintings on board), doing it all in just paint. Fun stuff, don't you know! It still needs some tweaking, but not too much -- I've about tweaked it to death already -- but that's it for today.

Have a wonderful weekend -- get out there and do something fun!

4 comments:

mARTa said...

This is really stunning!!! I love it!! Let's stop in there for some java girlfriend! You have a great weekend, I'm hoping to spend it in my studio!!!

Sandi said...

This is just lovely...I am going to get some of this board and try it too....

Tami said...

I absolutely LOVE the style of this, Linda! I certainly know about the mistake of "waiting till tomorrow to take that shot", I have a few regrets on those that rattle around at times but I do have ones like yours where I was SO glad that I did stop and just do it because it was gone/changed the next time I passed. Great to see you doing so much painting!

Teri said...

It is beautiful Linda. I don't see you do buildings very often so I especially love this.