Pages

Monday, November 09, 2009

Someplace Else


From a photo of somebody else's vacation. I would like to go out to the desert in the American west and paint these red rocks from life. But for now, I have to figure out the next best step. I need to life the dark green up a bit on the hill on the right -- it looks like I cut it out from construction paper. Other than that ... where to go next? Part of me wants to finish up in ink ... colored pencil ... pastel ... gouache ... or just leave it alone and move on to the next thing? What do you guys think?
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

caseytoussaint said...

This is really beautiful, Linda. I would never have guessed that you weren't right there on the spot!

Sandy said...

Oh this is so dramatic and strong and washy -I would not dare suggest any sort of change.

steviewren said...

Mountains and rocks are hard. I think it looks great just the way it is.

seesue said...

This is such a lovely piece. I doubt that I would have been drawn to focus on the dark hill had I not read your comment LOL. Toughest critic and all that.
I am having a wonderful wander on your site.