Pages

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Chi BAM

I just finished my final day of Tai Chi for Arthritis Instructor training, and it's official. I can teach now. I was exhausted and sore last night, but felt good this morning -- then this afternoon hit a total low point, but got my second wind in time to finish up the day.

Several of the students were REAL martial arts people, and one of them specializes in breaking things. So, after the class was over, he set up and gave us all a demonstration where he broke a CAST IRON PUMP HANDLE with his bare hand. HIS BARE HAND.

I'd never seen anything like it before, other than on TV. I'll confess that I've always secretly doubted that people REALLY did this kind of thing. I doubt no longer. It just takes a minute -- watch this...


Billey Breaking Iron Pump Handle from Linda M on Vimeo.

... and don't think that I'm doing anything at all like this. NOT AT ALL.

3 comments:

Teri said...

Holey moley, I am impressed. Like you, I thought it was just a TV ploy.

Do we call you Chi Teacher now?

Anonymous said...

cool video

annie said...

I too am impressed! Cast iron, no less! I have seen guys break bricks and wood in person, but cast iron...ouch!