Pages

Saturday, September 20, 2008

End of Summer


Well, summer is nearly over here. My watercolor class has been on summer break for the past six weeks and I haven't painted a thing during that time. That's kind of odd -- I normally paint like crazy when we're on break, but not this year. Like I've already said more than once -- and I'm not whining when I say this! -- things at work have been busy, and work and family have taken the whole front seat for a while. Now things are settling down a bit. Or at least I'm making a bit of a stand about it all now that I've laid the groundwork for a more normal schedule.

When I got to art class this morning I realized that I hadn't grabbed the right little stack of paper. Rather than my stack of 300# hot press I'd grabbed a miscellaneous handful of light weight hot press WC, cold press WC, drawing paper, and some unidentified paper, which I used today for fun . This paper is a total mystery to me. It has a wonderful soft hand and takes watercolor only OKAY, although it appears to be some sort of watercolor paper. It has a bit of a texture to it -- almost in a grid pattern, or like you would find in laid paper. Oh well. It was all about getting started again today anyway, so I made the best of it and did this little bit of a painting. What fun to get back into the groove!

Now I'm ready to clear the cobwebs off of the drawing table, clear the piles of miscellany out of my drawing area, fill a brand new palette with some fresh paint, and get back to work. Yay!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Maybe it was strange paper, but it sure turned out nicely! I love those little sunlit balls of fluff following their mama duck...

GLAD to see you painting again!

Teri said...

YEAH!!!! she's painting again!1

What a beautiful little scene!

Get those webs out and paints in. Seems any paper works for you!

Genine said...

you may have been uneasy with the aper but as diahn said, thisis great. i love the way you handled the water!

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

Yippee, she's back and showing us great work. Can't wait to see more.

Anonymous said...

Feels good to do that doesn't it. I cleared away a lot too.
Great little picture, and fun to be forced to try something unexpected. Could it have been charcoal paper?

Anonymous said...

What a great little picture. Fun to see what comes from the unexpected.

Good feeling to clear out the old isn't it. Make way for all the new and exciting work to come.