Pages

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Two4Tuesday


Nearly finished with the little Maruman sketchbook -- at least the front side. It's set up so that you can use it either way. Here's a branch of the Fothergilla shrub -- which is supposed to be a shade lover, but leans heavily in search of more sun than it gets in MY yard -- and the first Jack-In-The-Pulpit. There should be a few more showing up, unless they've had a bad winter. Or unless DH thought the three leaves meant they were poison ivy and sprayed them... darn it. I just thought about that.

Two more spreads left, and the irises are blooming, the May Apples are getting ready to open up, and I'm sure there's more to come. Yeah, I think I'll have enough happening in the yard to do the back side of the pages in this book.

Meanwhile, Dear Daughter has arrived back home safely in Florida. I spent a few hours moping around after she left this morning -- it's so hard to see them leave! Finally, I decided that boo hoo-ing and playing video games was no way to spend a day off work, so I went and then picked up my friend Marcia and ran to the art gallery to drop off a little watercolor. That cheered me up considerably! Ever since I've been working on another painting (the infamous Miss Vanilla Cupcake) that I CANNOT seem to finish. Sigh. It's been an up and down day.

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, look! I'm commenting! And not just in my head!!!!!

I LOVE what you've done with this book, Linda. It's marvelous and perfect. I need to see it in person!

Glad to hear the DD got back home okay - I hope her up and down day settles out, too...

And don't worry about Miss VC. She'll be alright. I just know it.

Teri said...

Beautiful little flowers. Gee, I wish I could see a real Jack in pulpit.

You have to tell me where to get one of these sketchbooks! I NEED one after seeing what you are doing.

Tami said...

The colors in this are beautiful!
I'm loving these little flower paintings.

MD said...

This is beautiful!!! What a lovely fresh, uncluttered , un-muddied painting. I'm green with envy.
MD

Anetka said...

beautiful, fresh and lovely.
spring is here:)

Unknown said...

I have been really enjoying seeing your drawings in this sketchbook Linda.
I envy you having all these spring beauties in your yard.

You also sound like me every time my son comes home then leaves again. You would think I'd get used to it but I don't think we ever do.

Lin said...

SPECTACULAR, LINDA!!! I LOVE YOUR FLOWERS! PAINTERLY AND EXQUISITE!

littlemithi said...

You have a fantastic back yard ... what a great abundance of painting inspiration!

annie said...

Glad to hear the DD made it safely back and glad you were able to salvage a bit of your day off. Everybody needs a bit of moping time after departures like that.