Pages

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Small Sketch

Posted by Picasa

Well, our weekend was cold and wintry with light snow flurries all day Saturday. I brought a stack of work home Friday, thinking that I would probably be snowed in and could use that excuse to finally get caught up. The big snow never came, but I decided to put off procrastinating and get my REAL work done anyway. I went so far as to skip Saturday morning's watercolor class and managed to finish off all the work I brought home -- so even though there is still a stack left on my desk at work, I am much more prepared to face it tomorrow morning.

And I managed to knock off this little watercolor, ink, and pencil sketch of some salt marshes from a photo on Wet Canvas. There's something about this kind of quiet, empty, almost desolate landscape that I really love. It will go into my box of imaginary travel sketches!
:-)
I hope your weekend was a good one, and that you stayed warm and dry.

10 comments:

mARTa said...

What a lovely sketch. As always, you show us such a beautiful world. But I think you need some of our Calif. sunshine!!! You and Diahn need to fly out for some calif. sun and fun! It was a beautiful weekend despite me staying home ill but today I felt much better and got in a nice run and swim. Stay warm and keep painting!

William F. Renzulli said...

stunning!

Lin said...

And the love absolutely glows from this, Linda!! The touches of color, the serenity -- the feeling, the skill with which you painted this -- stunning, beautiful -- MAGNIFICENT!

Teri said...

The mood you created here is just peaceful and I am waiting for the geese to fly up. I love it!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautifil Linda! I agree with Teri, I just want to see the geese fly up any minute!
Ronell

Unknown said...

Wow a beautiful painting!

Anonymous said...

This is quite lovely. Makes me wish I were there...

Bonny said...

Love the colours! I agree with everyone else, this is so quiet and serene. Makes me want to go for a walk - maybe with you? - along the beach.

Lovely!

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

I agree with Lin. This just glows. This has such a feeling of peace, I want to be right there. You are great with landscapes. feeling of peace

Judybec said...

beautiful.