Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Hand: EDMWC


My hand drawing for the Everyday Matters group weekly challenge. I tried out a new Staedtler mechanical pencil with a thick lead. I like this pencil for quick aggressive drawings, I think; it doesn't feel like it would do small detail or shading as well as the old turquoise pencils.

It is NICE to be "back in the sketchbook"! This drawing only took about 15 minutes, and I realize that even if I WAS busy the past few weeks, I could have given myself 10-20 minutes most days to sketch a little something. Posted by Hello

7 comments:

Shelly McC said...

Wow, this is a great drawing. I love the thick lines. The new pencil is excellent. Hope it feels as good as it makes your drawings look. Great work.

Anonymous said...

This is excellent. I'd like to see what you could do with more than fifteen minutes.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. I love the shading.

Please find 15 minutes a day - your audience is greedy and wants more of your wonderful drawings!

Anonymous said...

Great drawing. I love your work.

Anonymous said...

'tis a great rendering of your hand
and it only took 15 mins. how great, and i really think your shading is wonderful!
-patty
EDM group

Jim Bumgarner said...

You know, this is frameable. What a lovely rendering of your left hand! I really like the lines you used, it isn't "outline" heavy, and the shading gives it a very nice dimensionality. Great job! Now do one of your right hand.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful hand and I love the shading, 15 min? Wonder what would have happened in 20.