Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Wednesday: Vail


Wednesday we skied at Vail. The mountains are tall and the ski resort is large; my favorite ski spot was the "China Bowl." No photograph or attempt to capture memory with pen or paint can begin to convey the size and beauty of this place.

Thursday we skied at Keystone. It is a favorite with the locals and has a dedicated following of "out-of-towners" who return faithfully every year. It is one of the harder resorts, and I will readily warn anyone who goes there that the blue (intermediate) slopes would be, for the most part, considered blacks (advanced) anywhere else. Despite all that, we had a good time, and after resting for a while in the afternoon went back out for a bit of night skiing. It was a magnificent ending to the ski portion of the trip!Posted by Hello

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your work is really beautiful, very inspiring. I love the colors and effects on this one. It's perfect.

Amanda (via EM group)

Kathleen Pequignot said...

This is gorgeous! It looks like a finished painting to me. I love the wet look. BRAVO!

Hellkitten said...

This is so lovely - the way you've caught the bright sun glare on the white snow is literally blinding! I love your other posts too ... very inspiring.

Anonymous said...

I love the contrast between the lush color and the large white area of the composition. Beautiful!