Pages

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Who Crawled?

Well, who sketch-crawled today? I'd planned on it, but then had to work this morning before WC class, and then this afternoon it was raining* so bad that, again, any painting would have just been blobs of grey. Maybe I'll make this a sketch crawl week, and really try to get out there.

And I would have had a really good time sketch crawling if I had an iPod Touch with the brushes app ... ooooh, do I ever have technology-envy on that one! I'm starting to save my pennies today. Give me a few months ... Just watch this great video:


There's even a Flickr group!

Sigh. I'm going to go try and mix up some pink paint now. Wish me luck.

*Rain, rain, rain -- boy do we ever need it! On the sidebar I'm celebrating by adding a link to a site that updates our favorite lake's level daily -- now that we're getting rain the lake levels aren't quite so depressing. It actually shows that it is up, are you ready, 4.2 feet in the past 24 hours. Yes. That is FEET. That's 50 inches. That's 128 centimeters. That's a fair amount of water!

P.S. I just found this link about the moon. If you don't have clouds where you are ...
http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20090109/sc_space/saturdaynightspecialbiggestfullmoonof2009

6 comments:

Teri said...

That is an amazing piece of technology for sure!

I didn't sketchcrawl either but not because of rain. Called forgetting. Maybe we should pick a day and both go out and call it a virtual sketchcrawl. I bet Diane would go too. Let me know.

steviewren said...

I'm wowed! I'd think my finger was too big to draw on such a small space.

annie said...

Dang! I forgot to look at the moon!

Linda said...

Hmmm... Teri, you might be onto something ... we could schedule a Limited Edition Sketchcrawl ...
Fun idea!
Steveiwren, I'm wondering about that, too -- but that guy's finger didn't look tiny, so ...
Annie, I wish the clouds had broken just long enough to see it, here. Oh well, it should be fairly big all week, I'd think.

Unknown said...

I didn't see the moon last night, but it was still huge this morning as I drove out of Arlington. Gorgeous!

Yes. More technology. That's what we need...

mARTa said...

If I tell you I have the brushes app on my iphone you won't hate me will you? LOL! It's not so easy though...or maybe my fingers are too big!

oh! and if you don't hate me I want to go on the virtual sketchcrawl too!!! We did have fun with our iphones and txting and posting to facebook while we sketched!