Pages

Monday, January 12, 2009

Pinkish


Step two ... or is it three?... of the gigantic pink flower. I realize that I tend to start out well, but then get to a point in a painting where I'm not following a plan -- I'm just REACTING to ... to... something. I don't know what. Sometimes I don't even bother with the good start, I just go straight into reaction.

Right now what we see on this one is still just underwear, I guess, and there's a lot to do on it. You may never see this again, though, because there's a jar of gesso sitting nearby just waiting on me to say, "that's enough of THAT!"
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't you DARE gesso it out. You're in great shape - exactly at that stage where you are supposed to be - the stage where you want to chuck the whole thing out the window and never touch a canvas again.

Push through it - you'll be glad you did - it's looking great, so far!

annie said...

I think Diahn might be right. I don't think you should give up just yet.

Teri said...

But Linda, it has such a wonderful glow!!

Zelma said...

Maybe if you sit it where you will see it as you pass by, in a day or so you will realize what the next step should be. It really is gorgeous.

Laura Frankstone said...

Paintings are like children. They start out cute and full of promise. They go through a pimply, gangly stage, but they still have lots of promise. You stick with them, give them your time and attention. They grow up just fine. Maybe not what you'd hoped for or dreamed of, but just fine.
This one still has lots of promise. Stick with it.

Anonymous said...

Now that's a lot of pink. And you listen to Diahn.

Marilyn said...

I totally know what you mean with the gesso. But this is really pretty as is.

Anonymous said...

It's just the beginning - give it a chance, believe in yourself!! You can do it!! I remember thinking the same about one of my paintings, but I told myself - TRUST THE PROCESS, and I have more confidence now than I ever have had. Don't quit, push it on through!

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Oh don't gesso over it!!! It's gorgeous! I just ran across your blog and I really like it! Marva