Pages

Monday, November 02, 2009

Deserted Cafe


I used to just love the looks of this little cafe. When I passed it today, I stopped to photograph it for another project and saw that the door was partway open. There was enough light streaming in to see a little of the inside, and it looked a total wreck. I didn't get too close to the door! It just felt creepy.

I painted this last year
when it was still open, when it was colorful and lively and smelled like frying bacon and fresh coffee -- and now I'm very glad I did!

4 comments:

Melinda said...

I'm glad you painted it when it was alive, too...maybe it'll be lively again one day. Love the painting, by the way.

Diahn said...

Brilliant photo, Linda - the sepia really makes it look even more desolate and abandoned...nicely done!

And I love that painting, too - and I still think it should be up for sale somewhere...

caseytoussaint said...

I love your painting from last year, but I bet you could do some really interesting ones of the abandoned café too. In any case, the photo is awesome.

obat radang tulang said...

The important thing is not what we know but what we are willing to learn
obat gatal tenggorokan
obat kejang kejang
obat kencing berdarah
obat kelenjar payudara
obat infeksi hati
obat sakit kencing anak
obat sesak dada
obat usus bocor
obat sakit tulang rusuk
obat pengapuran tulang sendi
obat batuk pilek