Tuesday, May 12, 2009

May 12 Punkin Shack

I think you actually have to know what this place is to even recognize what the objects are on the page. That's how you know it wasn't a great day sketching ... kind of like having to explain the punch line of a joke, right?


Started with purple pen, watercolor triad of New Gamboge, Permanent Rose, and French Ultramarine -- then touched up with carbon pencil and some more watercolor -- then, in a final fit of desperation, tightened up with .005 black micron and and accidental wash of phthalo blue in the back. The more I muddled with it, the more it got, well, muddled.

Sketching from the car is hard.
Only three colors is hard.
Posted by Picasa


Hey Harriet said...

Geeez, you were sketching from the car with only three colours and it still looks great to me!

Teri C said...

I like it I like it. You made it looks like such an interesting place!! And with only three colors and in the car makes it even better.

William F. Renzulli said...

I must respectfully disagree with you. This is a successful sketch by any measure. Personally, I think it is one of the best of your recent posts, and they were all good.

Bottom line?? I love it!!

annie said...

I'm impressed! I think it looks good.

dayana said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.