Pages

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Wii Interrupt This Blog

Well, I hope everyone had a very merry Christmas. I know my family did. My wonderful daughter came home from Florida, and we all joined my sister to go to my parents' house, about an hour and a half away from here. My other sister's family stayed at their new home in Kentucky, but we texted fairly often during the day and talked on the phone several times. I have the best family. I hope they all know how grateful I am for them and how much I love them.

My hubby gave me a Wii Fit for Christmas, and we had the best time all together playing sports and doing balance challenges. The evening after Christmas, of course, I was at the stores picking up Guitar Hero -- World Tour. Oh yeah. I loved this gift -- it had us all DOING something together. Let me repeat -- TOGETHER.

Of course, now we're back home, the wonderful daughter left this morning, and Doug is really more interested in watching football. Fortunately, one can also Wii SOLO. Wheeee!

Therefore, it is with some wii-grets that I have to announce that blog postings may temporarily interrupted, as I quit my job, cancel all social engagements, put a hold on all hobbies, and set the telephone on standby while I work on my new careers of professional bowler, fitness instructor, and Rockin' Guitar Heroine.

Fond wii-gards,
Wii-nda

Lead guitarist stage name -- Lindora
Bass guitarist stage name -- LindyB
Band -- The Venom Spitters
Other Band -- D Legyndz (Rock On, Alexandra!)

8 comments:

Teri said...

I totally understand. Santa brought my daughter's family one also...........and we haven't seen my SIL since :)

Lisa Adams Reed said...

You are way too clever and funny! Sent to my niece who is wiihoolahoopingherheartout!
Good stuff!
Lisa

Unknown said...

Wii!!

Wii are totally going head to head on Guitar Hero, my friend. Wii should start our own band - what would wii call it?

Of course, I'll have to get Dr. SmartyPants off the Ferrari Challenge first...

my word verification is "Sulasol," which strikes me as a really cool band name...

annie said...

We're still looking for the Wii Fit for my eldest, we were not able to get one before the holiday. I sure did love playing Wii tennis...till I busted my finger on the pineapple doo-dad! Ouch...

annie said...

Now if it only came with a Blogger Fit, then you could continue to entertain us with these great stories and lovely paintings.
(there are 3 of us annies enjoying your blog, by the way)
annie3

Felicity Grace said...

Great post!!! When we will ever hear from you again...?!

mARTa said...

My 2 y/o grand-nephew handed me the controller and urged, "play Nina, play!" I had no clue what or how to do it.....the look of his Nina letting him down was pitiful. I guess I better get on the Wii-wagon with the rest of you!

steviewren said...

I'm sending you my best New Year Wiigards!