Pages

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Pencil sketches


I'm back! And although I said there would be art today, I'm only showing pencil stuff. I'm playing with some mixed up acrylic stuff on watercolor paper, and it is waaaaay slower going than I'd expected and there's nothing to show with it but a bit of a mess right now. Meanwhile -- I realized I was letting my day planner Moleskine go to waste, so I started using the paper for pencil sketches. I think that I'm going to find a way to carry a little one and a pencil with me from now on -- I'd forgotten how fun quickies with a 2B or 4B could be!
Posted by Picasa


Of course I have to figure out how to keep the pencil from getting all "smeary" as I don't relish the idea of spraying fixative every day in a sketchbook. Not that it matters....


Anyway, maybe I'll manage to do something Christmas-y tonight! How is everyone doing with their shopping? So far I've managed to avoid the mall COMPLETELY.

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! Linda-art!!

And I'm glad to hear that you're doing some quickies.

Uh.

Art-wise.

That's what I meant.

annie said...

Ha! Maybe I too can do some quickies!

(I do have a Moleskine calendar from last year that has hardly been used!)

Teri said...

Yeah is right...Linda art!! Great use of a planner and isn't it amazing how nice they look in it.

Unknown said...

Awesome Linda.

William F. Renzulli said...

Linda, It was delightful meeting you and your family last weekend. I hope you enjoyed your experience in Paducah and our Lowertown art district.

Merry Christmas and happy sketching,

Lin said...

WELCOME BACK!! AND OH what a delight!!! These sketches, Linda --- awesome -- those values done in graphite -- outstanding!!! WOWOWOW!