Pages

Monday, December 01, 2008

More Gremlins

I can't believe I just got on! Our Internet connection is spotty at best right now and has been all weekend -- I called our provider who figured out that we had NO signal to/from the modem (at that moment, at least).

"Yeah, we can get somebody out there. We'll have to make a service ticket. Um, our first available appointment is the 7th."

"THE SEVENTH?"

"Uh, yeah. That would be next Sunday."

"Well, we can't on the seventh. Do you have anything a little bit EARLIER?"

"Uh, well, no. The first available would be on the 7th."

"Well, how about Monday. Can you come Monday in the evening?"

"Uh, well, no. We can come Monday between 12 and 2. On the 8th."

"This is the first. That's a week."

"Uh, well, yeah. Monday. The 8th. Between 12 and 2."

"Okay. I guess that will be it."

"Uh, well, yeah. If it DOES start working between now and and then, you call us right up and we'll cancel."

"Sure."

Not bloody likely. I can't believe I just noticed the little light on the modem and run up here to catch it in a good moment now. If it keeps working from now until then, I'll call them Monday morning. Otherwise, they're replacing that modem!

So if I'm spotty in posting this week, I'll catch up when I can!
(And as fast as I can I'll put Twitter up on the sidebar...)
(And really, they're a pretty good provider company and are always very polite and as accommodating as they can be. I'm GLAD that their business is good enough that they're busy. I just wish they had a spot in their schedule NOW for me. TONIGHT. Sigh.)

No comments: