Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2005

Tuesday: Breckenridge


Monday we skied at Copper Mountain -- a small resort, but one of my favorites! There hadn't been snow in the area for about a week and a half. Still, the skiing was good.

Tuesday we went to Breckenridge and a snow storm came along with us. I sat it out for a bit while DH kept skiing. He (and several others in the bar where I waited, happily, I might add) reported near white out conditions up on the peaks for a short while. The news reported later that the upper part of the mountain got 6 inches of snow that day.
Posted by Hello

3 comments:

Robyn said...

Your sketches of your journey are just wonderful. I wish that I could do such things. I tends to stick with a camera as all the detail in a landscpae scares me silly.

Cheers
Robyn
Scratches & Scribbles Journal

LaureAnne said...

This is very, very nice. It must have been so gratifying building up the mass and volume of snow on trees and ground with your small marks. I imagine the contemplative state you must have been in as you drew. This is my favorite art to make, the contemplative kind, but I manage it too rarely.
Laura
www.laurelines.typepad.com

Linda said...

Yes, Laura, it is very meditative to work with small lines and dots ... one loses oneself into the patterns!