Pages

Friday, March 06, 2009

The Trouble with Tulips


... the trouble with tulips is that they open so quickly! I started a little sketch of these couple of blooms on the far right side of the first tulip bouquet of the season, and then walked away for a quick bite and to give the paint a chance to dry. When I got back, every flower was open wide and standing up straight and I couldn't even figure out which blooms I'd been working from!

TODAY'S LESSON: Photograph your subject if you're going to take a meal break.

Phooey. I'll have to play with finishing the rest by memory.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Bonny said...

What beautiful tulips, Linda!

I like the painting as it is, but it will be fun to see what you come up with. I love your thought and work processes ;)

Felicity Grace said...

Yes, they do change so quickly - even just sketching them has to be done so fast! I love the various colours you used here, you really got a beautiful result despite the difficulties!

Teri said...

They look so beautiful in their pink dresses.