Pages

Sunday, March 08, 2009

Cupcakery


A "gorgeous pink cupcake" from The Cupcakery. It actually had a dollop of raspberry filling on the top with a white chocolate mint, but I wanted a cherry on top, so I exercised my artistic license on this one. The best part -- Doug shared a bite of it with me today, and it has a big dollop of the same filling IN THE CENTER of the cake. Double yum. Gorgeous outside and inside ... just like the person* I drew it for!

(*My daughter, the Duchess Cupcake, wanted a picture of one to use as her avatar on Twitter, so this is probably the first of several cupcake drawings. And of course I had to start out with pink...)
Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

soulbrush said...

my goodness, it looks good enough to eat!

Teri said...

I am so happy to see you painting again. This cupcake would make anyone happy! Beautiful.

Zelma said...

Linda,
This IS gorgeous!
Glad that you are back!

Laura Frankstone said...

The divine Ms M's divine cupcake! Hey, we're both on a cupcake spree--- I'm trying to avoid ingesting them, though. So happy to see you back, too. Keep going!
Xoox,
L

steviewren said...

Yummy with a capital YUM!

Felicity Grace said...

Wow, so beautifully painted and a yummy subject too!

caseytoussaint said...

You did an incredible job on this - the paper around the cake looks so real!

Unknown said...

Super delicious! Lovely colors - looks good enough to eat. Which, apparently, it was.

:D

Anonymous said...

Looks good enough to eat! I like the combination of pinks and blues, especially the blue shadows in the paper. Yum!

Sandy said...

Oh My Word that does look delicious!

pedalpower said...

I'm on a diet...and i'm doing real well...but you are making me hungry! Love this!

Anonymous said...

This is the cutest cupcake...it's a lovely little painting and looks SO mouthwatering. This will be a nice little series...looking forward to the rest.
We don't get cupcakes here in France, well not the real thing like this, and sometimes I can just topple over from lust for one cupcake!
ronell

Anonymous said...

Wow! The cupcake looks great but I especially love the wrapper! It looks like gold foil and just glows in this painting!

Anita Davies said...

Absolutely delicious!