Pages

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Church Skyline


Lately, whenever I drive past this church downtown (which is six days a week -- and that's twelve times a week...) I've felt like I needed to do a painting of it. Because it is up on a hill, it isn't overshadowed by the taller buildings in town. Architecturally, it rather dominates the skyline, I think. What do you think ... ?colored pencils on black paper? Ink and watercolor and colored pencils together? Hmmmm....

I'm not doing it tonight though. Woke up this morning with a sore throat. I leave the house early while D is still asleep, so it wasn't until I got to work and somebody said good morning to me that I realized I didn't have much of a voice. It's improved some as the day has progressed, but now he's not feeling so good either, so I think it is going to be a night spent wrapped up in a blanket on the sofa watching bad sitcoms. Yuk.

On the up side -- it's raining out there. Yay!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

annie said...

Glad it's raining and I hope the throat gets better soon.

I think that church steeple and sky will make a fine painting!

Teri said...

It is an imposing sight. And it has been calling to you all this time and you are just answering. Go get it!