Pages

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Fly Away Shadow Shot


I've said it before -- once you start looking at shadows you notice things you've never seen before. This shadow has been in my kitchen, literally, for five years or more. And I just now noticed it.
Posted by Picasa

The culprit? This little glass blue bird that hangs in my kitchen window.

And speaking of flying away ... despite being so busy with work (where the heat is being turned up), a complete downstairs remodel (which is going slowly), an upcoming garage sale (see notes about remodel and imagine many many boxes and bags of STUFF added to the mix), a neighborhood picnic (which we are responsible for organizing), and an out of town business meeting (...do I need to elaborate on THAT?) -- all going on next week ... despite being so busy right now that I frequently find myself sitting on the sofa in mild panic with a fixed stare on my face .... despite being so busy that I could WORK until midnight tonight and barely make a dent in the pile ... I'm going to the lake today for the first time this summer.

Yep. Despite all that I'm flying away from it all. So there. Everybody, have a fun rest of the weekend!
:-)
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Linda said...

Love this shadow! I love birds and how nice to feel like one is flying with you as you cook!

Sarah Knight said...

lovely : )

annie said...

What a cool shadow! Have fun today!

Chris said...

Hey, another Knoxvillian on SSS.

I agree with you about how spotting shadows completely changes how you see things, even when a camera is not in your hands.

Sylvia K said...

I love your shadow shot! I have said, as you and so many others have, that once you start looking for shadows you will find them everywhere! It's such fun!

robin. said...

how funny that it's been there for five years and you just now notice the shadow. very cool photo.

Chubby Chieque said...

You're right! And mind you, this can be addicted too §:-))

Anyways, your lil birdie is really awesome.

Cheers!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Shadow of glass bird
imprinted on kitchen wall
never flies away.

Hey Harriet said...

Good for you! Sometimes it's best to just escape from it all for a while. Hope you had a lovely time at the lake and your week isn't too stressful!

Love your birdie shadow! Glad you finally spotted it after five years...hehe :)

Catherine said...

what a cool shot...glad you finally found it.....

Laura Frankstone said...

I hope you enjoyed your weekend, Linda---it's always such a treat to come here and get my Linda M. fix ;D.