Pages

Monday, April 21, 2008

Happy Family


We're back home from visiting my parents and having a fantastic family weekend. The dear daughter is still here today, and leaves for home tomorrow, the sun is shining, and our main plans are get her tires looked at and do some fun running around.
I sketched the lemon trillium patch in the back yard yesterday evening. Normally they fade fairly quickly, but the weather has been cool and all the bloomers have stayed in good condition for longer than normal. I started growing these trillium about 14 years ago when I rescued 2 small plants from an area in the woods that was marked off for road construction. It took a long time for them to get settled in and start spreading, but finally there is a good strong patch of them. I'm considering transplanting a few into other parts of the yard and maybe to my sister's yard, just in case...


Note: By the way, I have been corrected over and over by my sister -- SHE found the photo of the daughter and gave it to me to scan to put together with a bunch of other photos on CD's to give to our parents along with a gift. SHE found the photo at her house and then I found it in the bag of photos she sent over. Semantics... :-D

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Teri said...

Oh my gosh Linda! Beautious!!!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! They look just like the ones I saw on one of our hikes this past weekend! LOVE them!! Too bad I don't have any shade...I'd come steal a few...

Laura Frankstone said...

Divine sketch, Miss M ;D. We both had some family time this weekend, though yours was maybe more festive! I loved being with my mother, though, even though it was a working weekend. Your trilliums must be gorgeous in person!

Unknown said...

Linda they are beautiful.
I can't wait to get out tomorrow and see if the trilliums are blooming here.

I love the color.