Pages

Friday, August 01, 2008

Flighty


Tennessee to Georgia to Alabama to Mississippi to Louisiana to Texas ... then back again, and all the while there is a heat wave happening. Sigh. As if Texas in late July is not hot enough, they had the hottest days of the year so far while we were there. Well, we're finally back to our own roost, where it's a relatively cool ninety something degrees. (Relatively.)

Really, is it just the summer temperature that has me so artistically uninspired? Still, I suppose I should show up here a bit more often than I have lately. I'm a bit embarrassed ... or maybe that warm flush is just the heat ...
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Lin said...

Despite the heat, despite the flagging, despite not painting for a while, Linnie -- this is sheer magic!! The white egret pops so well against the incredible colors of the marsh -- it's magic, sheer Linda Magic!!! LOVE IT!!!!! And so glad you're painting -- hon, I miss you!

annie said...

Well dang, why didn't you say you were going through Louisiana? I'd a run somewhere to meet you, even if it was just for a few minutes as you hurried through my state!

Glad you are back around, and yes, maybe the heat has wilted the artistic inspiration, at least, it sure seems so to me!

Linda said...

Thank you, Lin! I'll try and not be quite so absent ...
Annie -- I thought about getting in touch with you -- of course, it was while I was passing through Louisiana that it occurred to me. I was along the I-20 corridor, and aren't you down closer to I-10? I'll let you know the next time we go through, though!

Deb said...

Wow....gorgeous! such depth!

annie said...

Linda, yes I am closer to I-10. I-20 would have been a stretch (but even so, I might have tried it)!

Teri said...

Of course you should show up here more! And bring more beauties like this one. It is so striking!!!

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

Beautiful work lately ... you may think you are uninspired, but your work looks different. Lovely.

mARTa said...

It's the heat.......but your return has been long awaited. And what a lovely and vibrant painting you grace us with!!! It's too hot here also and I can't get myself do do more than doodle

Rita said...

This is beautiful! Such vibrant colors! Your work has a special feel to it. :)